FBCG develops and shares strategic research, educational reports and case studies to raise public awareness and enable effective decision-making on imporant family business issues. Select reports and studies are available here in our public library.
This is the region’s first bilingual governance guide for family businesses. It provides a set of governance best-practices in family and corporate governance delivered in a concise and easy to read guide.
FBCG produces timely legal briefings and white papers outlining the spectrum of legal structures and tools to manage the unique risks associated with family-owned businesses including conflict management, separation of ownership and management, succesion planning and transfer of wealth.
- Dubai Law No. 9 of 2020In a landmark move, Law No. (9) of 2020 regulating family-owned businesses in Dubai was issued last month. The original bill was prepared by Fadi Hammadeh of Al Futtaim Group in 2013. In an exclusive to the Oath, the General Counsel of Al Futtaim Group provides a comprehensive overview of the new legal framework and how it facilitates protection, expansion and successful transition of family firms.
- Dispute Resolution for Family Businesses in the GCC: Keeping the family unitedBriefing Paper outlines the dispute resolution mechanisms, beyond litigation, that can be applied for conflict management in family businesses, whilst taking into account their advantages, disadvantages and implications for stakeholders. Report includes a directory and a self-assessment tool for conflict readiness.
In collaboration with Mckinsey & Co, our flagship Family Business Health Index allows family businesses to self-assess and benchmark their health as a family business across multiple dimensions.
Our educational publications help raise awareness and provide knowledge toolkit that enables family businesses to plan effectively and address their key challenges proactively.
- FBCG and PwC guide on Family Business Shareholder Exit Strategies and Valuation PrinciplesFBCG has launched a guide, in cooperation with PwC, to help family businesses in the Middle East successfully plan and navigate scenarios of shareholder exit in the family business.
- Family Business Conflict Management: Family Case & GuidebookA practical overview of conflict management in family businesses. The publication features a fictional case study of a GCC family business, work through the case to demonstrate how the theory applies and how to deploy the mitigation and resolution tools in real-life situations.
- Case Study: A Family Office Going 100% ImpactGermany’s 4L Vision has become the latest in a small, but growing, tribe of single-family offices 100% committed to impact investing. Converts set out to achieve good socially responsible returns through proactive portfolio management. And families are shaping the movement in ways institutions with harder financial targets do not often match.
FBCG supports scholars and practitioners who author books that contribute to the thought leadership on family businesses in the GCC and Middle East region.